Southgate is located in the south of Crawley within walking distance of the town centre. Most of the area was built between the 1950s and 1970s.
The popular Goffs Park is located in Southgate and features a boating pond and lake, pitch and putt and a model railway. The area also benefits from a community centre, several schools and Southgate Playing Fields
Find out who your Southgate ward councillors are.
Groups and events
Have a look in the Community Directory to find groups and clubs located in Southgate. Find out what events are coming up in Southgate.
Facts and figures
As of the Census 2011 there are:
- 3554 households in Southgate
- 8533 people living in Southgate
Southgate Community Forum
The Southgate Community Forum is a non-political organisation established in July 2012 by residents of Southgate.
The Forum promotes dialogue about neighbourhood improvements. Email Southgate Community Forum.
If you are looking for community support via the Community Development team contact John Dale on 01293 438412.
- Southgate Medical Group, Brighton Road
- Hilltop Primary School, Ditchling Hill
- Southgate Primary Academy, Barrington Road
- St Francis of Assisi RC Primary School, Southgate Drive
- St Wilfrid’s Catholic Comprehensive School, Old Horsham Road
- Southgate Community Centre, Ditchling Hill
- Crawley Library, Southgate Avenue
- Recycling points
- Skate Park in Southgate Playing Fields
- Goffs Park – situated just a short walk from the Town Centre, with lakes, woodland walks, pitch & putt, model railway and much more
- Children’s play area - Goffs Park, Baker Close
- Playing fields – at Southgate Avenue, facilities are available for football, rugby, cricket, tennis and bowls
- Crawley Museum
- Gateway Church, St Wilfrid’s School
- St Mary’s Church of England, Forester Road