Pound Hill is in the east of Crawley and is the largest of the 14 neighbourhoods. Due to its size, Pound Hill is split into two electoral wards - Pound Hill North and Pound Hill South.
A bus service links Pound Hill to the Manor Royal Industrial Estate and to Gatwick.
Find out who your Pound Hill North ward and Pound Hill South ward councillors are.
Groups and events
Have a look in the Community Directory to find groups and clubs located in Pound Hill. Find out what events are coming up in Pound Hill.
Find out about the work of the Friends of Worth Park.
Facts and figures
The area was originally a hamlet in the parish of Worth but with the development of the new town, work began on building homes in the area in 1953. Pound Hill’s most famous resident was Robert Smith of the rock band The Cure.
As of the 2011 Census there were:
- 6064 households in Pound Hill
- 14977 people living in Pound Hill
If you are looking for community support via the Community Development team email email@example.com or call on 01293 438441.
- Pound Hill Shopping Parade – find local shops
- Pound Hill Surgery, Crawley Lane
- Milton Mount Primary School, Grattons Drive
- Pound Hill Infant Academy, Crawley Lane
- Pound Hill Junior School, Crawley Lane
- Milton Mount Community Centre, Milton Mount Avenue
- Pound Hill Community Centre, Worth Road
- Wakehams Green Community Centre, Wakehams Green Drive
- Recycling points
- Pound Hill Children and Family Centre, Crawley Lane
- Worth Park – also known as Milton Mount Gardens. Popular park with ornamental pond, croquet lawn and camellia walk
- Children’s play area - Grattons Drive. Newbury Road and Knepp Close
- Playing fields – located at Grattons Drive and Knepp Close, both locations have football pitches
- Crawley United Reformed Church, Worth Park Avenue
- St Barnabas Church of England, Worth Road – Tel: 0300 111 8150
- St Edward the Confessor, Hillcrest Close