Furnace Green is to the south east of Crawley. Its name comes from Roman times when iron smelting was reputed to have taken place in the area.
House building started in Furnace Green in 1960 and carried on into the 1980s. The neighbourhood backs onto Tilgate Forest and Golf Course.
Find out who your Furnace Green ward councillors are.
Groups and events
Have a look in the Community Directory to find groups and clubs located in Furnace Green. Find out what events are coming up in Furnace Green.
Facts and figures
As of the Census 2011 there are 2309 households in Furnace Green.
As of the Office of National Statistics Mid-Year Estimates 2017 there are 5837 people living in Furnace Green.
If you are looking for community support via the Community Development team contact John Dale on 01293 438412.
- Community Facilities
- Waterlea Adventure Playground
- Tilgate Golf Centre – 18 hole golf course set in the beautiful surroundings of Tilgate Forest
- The Hawth Theatre – lively theatre with a varied programme of events
- Children’s play area, Ashburnham Road
- Playing fields – located at Ashburnham Road, facilities include a football pitch
- Places of worship