Broadfield is in the south west of Crawley. It was built starting in the 1970s and is now one of the largest neighbourhoods.
Broadfield has good transport links to the surrounding area with the Fastway bus service taking passengers to the town centre, Manor Royal Industrial Estate, Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges.
Groups and events
Have a look in the Community Directory to find groups and clubs located in Broadfield. Find out what events are coming up in Broadfield.
Talk Broadfield is an opportunity for residents to meet and enhance life in Broadfield. Group members are all volunteers.
Meetings take place 3 times a year in Broadfield Community Centre, RH11 9BA.
Talk Broadfield 2020 public meetings:
- Tuesday 9 June (AGM), 7.30pm, Broadfield community centre
- Tuesday 6 October, 7.30pm, Broadfield community centre
- Monday 13 January, 10am, litter picking (meet at Broadfield community centre)
- Saturday 21 March, 10.30am, litter picking (meet at Broadfield community centre)
- Monday 6 July, 10am, litter picking (meet at Broadfield community centre)
- Saturday 10 October, 10.30am, litter picking (meet at Broadfield community centre)
If you would like to get involved and see improvements in Broadfield, email the group or visit their Facebook page.
Facts and figures
As of the Census 2011 there are 5129 households in Broadfield.
As of the Office of National Statistics Mid-Year Estimates 2017 there are 14138 people living in Broadfield.
If you are looking for community support via the Community Development team contact Adam Wicking on 01293 438655.
- Community facilities
- Creasys Drive Adventure Playground
- The People’s Pension Stadium – home of Crawley Town FC
- Broadfield Park – managed as a nature reserve, the park contains a small lake and woods, along with a nature trail
- Buchan Park – to the South of Broadfield is Buchan Country Park
- Playing fields – located at Rathlin Road and Creasy’s Drive, there are football pitches at both sites
- Place of worship