Ifield is located in the west of Crawley. It is one of the most historic areas of the town and is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. With the development of the new town in 1947, the village of Ifield was merged with the small market town of Crawley and the village of Three Bridges to become Crawley new town.
Ifield and Ifield Green have a mix of modern and traditional housing, with three neighbourhood shopping areas and plenty of local facilities. The area has good bus links into the town centre and a rail station with services to London.
A notable feature is the Mill and surrounding pond. Built in the early 19th Century, the building still has a working waterwheel and is now used to house a local history display. The impressive mill pond is one of Crawley’s most important wetland sites.
Find out who your Ifield ward councillors are.
Groups and events
Have a look in the Community Directory to find groups and clubs located in Ifield. Find out what events are coming up in Ifield.
Facts and figures
As of the Census 2011 there are:
- 3613 households in Ifield
- 8882 people living in Ifield
If you are looking for community support via the Community Development team contact Vikki Fold on 01293 438565.
- Ifield Shopping Parade – find local shops
- Ifield Medical Practice, Lady Margaret Road
- Langley Corner Surgery, Ifield Green
- Manor Green College, Lady Margaret Road
- Manor Green Primary School, Lady Margaret Road
- The Mill Primary School, Ifield Drive
- St Margaret’s C of E Primary School, The Mardens
- Ifield Community College, Crawley Avenue
- Ifield Drive Community Centre
- Ifield West Community Centre, Hyde Drive
- Recycling points
- Religious Society of Friends, 5 Langley Lane – Tel: 01293 523500
- Salvation Army, 24 Climping Road – Tel: 01293 618236
- St Margaret’s Church of England, Ifield Street – Tel: 01293 537578
- Elim Church
- The Apple Tree Centre (Gurjar Hindu Union Mandir)
- Siri Guru Sigh Sabha Crawley, Ifield Green – Tel: 01293 553845