Skip to main content

Contact us

The town hall is currently closed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Our phone lines may be very busy, so please use our online services at myCrawley where you can. 


We want to know what you think of our services. Give us feedback or make an enquiry.

Comments, Compliments and Complaints

Our commitment to you:

As a Council, we are committed to delivering a high quality service. We aim to achieve the highest possible standards. However, despite our best intentions and hard work, things can go wrong. When this happens, we want to hear about it so that we can explain things and put them right. 

We try to deal with all complaints in confidence but there may be times when this may not be possible. In these circumstances, we will discuss this with you. We know that making a complaint can take up your time and can be a daunting experience that is why we treat every complaint seriously and think of them as an opportunity to improve our services. 

How do I complain?

If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received you should in the first instance contact the relevant department who may be able to resolve the problem quickly without having to use the formal complaints procedure.

Complaints Procedure

Stage 1

If you are still not happy with the service provided or the explanation you have been given then please fill in the Feedback Form. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 2 working days and you will normally receive a full response within 10 working days. 

Stage 2

If you are not happy with the reply at Stage 1 you can email the Feedback Team to have your complaint reviewed. Your request for will be acknowledged and a full response will normally be sent within 10 working days. If this is not possible you will be notified of the reasons why and when you can expect a full response usually within 20 working days. 

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

If you remain dissatisfied with our response at Stage 2, you have the right to submit your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman or the Housing Ombudsman Service in the case of managed housing service. This is an independent person employed by the Government to monitor the actions of local authorities. 

The contact details are:

  • Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH: 0845 602 1983. You can visit their web site at
  • Housing Ombudsman Service, 81 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4HN: 0300 111 3000, email Housing Ombudsman 

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) provides an annual report on complaints made to them regarding Crawley Borough Council