Works in our properties
Maintenance and construction work can often cause noise and disturbance to neighbours.
We will attempt to keep this to a minimum when working in our properties but in many cases there will still be some noise.
Our Environmental Services team recommend the hours of work for construction noise as:
See our construction noise page for more information.
Working in your home
Our commitment to you
When we are working in your home we will:
- treat you and your home with respect
- respect different cultures and religious beliefs, valuing the diversity of the communities we serve
- be polite and courteous at all times
- ensure your possessions are protected before we start work
- take all reasonable precautions to prevent excessive noise, dust and rubbish
When we are working in your home we want you to:
- allow us access to your home as requested so that we can complete the work
- give at least 24 hours’ notice if you have to cancel an appointment
- treat all staff and sub-contractors with respect and consideration
- keep children and pets away from the work area for their own safety and to allow us to work efficiently
- make sure we can get to the area that needs work by removing any obstructions
Ask to see identification (ID) before letting workers into your home.
Children and pets
Please do not leave children under 16 alone in your home while we are working. Our staff will not carry out works where children are unaccompanied.
You are responsible for the health and safety of your children while we are working at your home. Please keep them safe by keeping them away from where we are working, and supervise them closely whilst we are working in your home.
It is your responsibility to keep your pets safe. If you want them to stay in your home while we are working, please keep them away from the work area. If you cannot keep them away from the work area you should arrange for them to stay somewhere else temporarily.