Paying for car parks
Car parks operated by Crawley Borough council offer two different ways to pay:
- Card and coin payments
- MiPermit (Tilgate Park, Orchard Surface and Crawley Hospital car parks only)
Card and coin payments
The Pay and Display machines are easy to use. You will find instructions on each machine to help you.
Choose your stay period and then follow the instructions on the machine to process your payment. The machine will then issue you with a pay and display ticket that should be clearly displayed in your windscreen.
Failure to display your ticket may result in a Penalty Charge Notice.
This is currently available at the Tilgate Park and Fisherman’s car parks, Crawley Hospital and Orchard Surface car parks.
As well as cash and contactless card payments you can now use MiPermit to pay for parking.
You don’t have to register an account to use MiPermit before you park but it is quicker and you will have more payment options if you do. There is a 10p convenience charge made by the supplier for using this service in addition to the parking charge.
These are the different ways you can pay when using MiPermit:
- Smartphone App (iOS and Android devices)
- MiPermit website
- Pay by SMS (registered users only)
- Pay by telephone (registered users only)
- Apple App Clips
- QR Codes
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
Pay via app or website
You will be guided through the process for paying for your parking. This is what you can do:
- Find the location on a map
- Enter your vehicle registration
- Choose a location
- Choose the date and time you want to start (this does not guarantee you a parking space if you pay in advance)
- Choose the duration
- Optionally, choose to receive SMS reminders (this costs 10p)
- Optionally, choose to be emailed a VAT receipt (website only)
The following options are available to registered users:
Pay via SMS text message
Send an SMS to 61600 with the word PARK and your vehicle registration number.
The system will call you back for the following information.
- Car park location number
- Your payment card details
- Asked if you wish to receive an SMS reminder 20 minutes before the stay expires
Pay by phone
Call 0345 505 1155 from your mobile.
- Enter the six digit location code using your keypad
- Enter the duration required using your keypad
- If you have more than one vehicle on your account, you will be asked to select the vehicle to use
- Select whether to have an SMS reminder sent to you 20 minutes before the end of the stay
- Stay on the phone until you get a message confirming the stay has been created
If you need help
If you have problems with MiPermit call them on 0345 520 7007.
For issues with Pay & Display machines please contact email@example.com.