Crawley Deposit Service
The Crawley Deposit Service (CDS) assists households that are homeless or threatened with homelessness to secure accommodation in the private rented sector.
- Be financially able to manage a tenancy in the private rented sector
- Have a connection to Crawley by permanent employment in Crawley; having lived in Crawley for six out of the last 12 months or three out of the last five years; or having immediate family (a parent, brother or sister) who has lived in Crawley for five years or more
- Not owe any money to Crawley Borough Council
- Not have outstanding current or former rent arrears with a previous landlord
- Not have lost accommodation due to anti-social behaviour in the last five years.
- The council do not pay agency fees
- The council will not act as a guarantor
- Any claim for arrears or damages at the end of the tenancy will be recovered from the household. Unpaid debt will affect future housing options.
Letting property through the CDS
The CDS can help you let property within the borough, we offer:
- No fees or charges
- Minimal void periods (as we can often facilitate a new tenancy within 48 hours)
- Choice of suitably assessed tenants
- Arrange and accompany viewings
- Valid assured shorthold tenancy agreements
- A fully photographed inventory
- Right to rent checks
- Check in and check outs
- Tenancy inspections as required
- Tenancy sustainment support
- Option to extend tenancy at the end of the fixed term
- Access to support from within the council
- Possible direct housing benefit payments (dependant on the circumstances)
- Document check (EPC, gas safety, PAT test)
Email the Strategic Housing team, call 01293 438282 or complete our enquiry form for more information.