Neighbourhood Improvement Fund
Using money collected from developers, we have created the Neighbourhood Improvement Fund for community organisations in Crawley.
Purpose and eligibility
The funding scheme is for local community groups and voluntary organisations, with grants of up to £5,000 available.
The fund is intended to benefit the residents of Crawley by helping to improve the local environment and to help meet the demands that development places on the need for community services and facilities within the town.
Your project proposal should ideally have local support such as volunteer involvement, and individual or company giving, including gifts in kind.
Types of projects we may fund
- Accessibility projects and improvements
- Community art projects or sculpture
- Community safety projects
- Energy efficiency initiatives
- Improvements to community buildings and resident facilities in shared space
- Improvements to wildlife on green spaces
- Non-physical play, such as, painted games on courtyards
- Physical equipment in community spaces
- Planting improvements
- Social Enterprises to monetise waste products.
- Sustainable services for those with more specific needs
- Turning waste space into community areas
Our funding guide sets out the requirements including the eligibility criteria for the grant. You can find the things you’ll need to hand in before you start your application in the checklist. Read the terms and conditions before you apply.