Extra care housing
Extra care housing gives people aged 55 and over the opportunity of living as independently as possible with the reassurance that they can get help if they need it.
Extra care housing enables you to:
- Live independently in your own home
- Have access to 24 hour care and support services
- Be part of a community
- Have security
Extra care schemes
There are currently three extra care housing schemes in Crawley:
- Lanehurst Gardens, Pound Hill
- Walstead Court, Southgate
- Hogshill Gardens, Southgate
There are three elements to the cost of extra care housing:
- Cost of renting your own home
- Service charges associated with your home, for maintenance and any communal facilities
- Care and support services
The amount you pay will vary depending on your individual situation and your income. You may be entitled to benefits to meet some or all of the costs.
How to apply
You can request an application form by emailing us and calling 01293 438000.