High hedges

If a neighbour’s hedge is causing problems for you, the best way forward is to talk to them about it and try to agree a solution. If you cannot come to an agreement you may be able to use high hedge legislation.

The legislation gives councils power to act in cases where an evergreen hedge is over 2 metres in height, acts as a barrier to light or access and affects the enjoyment of your property. 

You must provide evidence that you have done everything you can to resolve the problem yourself before contacting us. We can only deal with your complaint after you have done all you can to agree a solution yourself. 

You will need to complete a high hedges complaint form and pay a fee of £300.