Discretionary Housing Payments

If your Universal Credit has been worked out and the housing payment does not meet your full rent you can claim a Discretionary Housing Payment.

DHP are administered by the council. 

You can claim a DHP if your Housing Benefit or your Universal Credit Housing Cost element does not meet your full rent.

DHP can only be paid to meet the shortfall of UC housing costs or housing benefit towards your rent.