Temporary Event Notice

You’ll need to apply for a permitted Temporary Event Notice (TEN) if:

  • You wish to lawfully carry out licensable activities at premises which do not have a premises licence or club premises certificate


  • The activity or the times at which it is to be carried out are not specified on an existing premises licence or club premises certificate.

Licensable activities

These activities are subject to certain exceptions:

  • The sale and supply of alcohol
  • Regulated entertainment (i.e. music, singing or dancing)
  • Provision of late night refreshments           

See our TEN guidance notes for information about licensable activities, application process and fees, limitations of use and who can make an objection.

Tacit consent

If you have not heard from us after 10 working days, you’ll be able to act as though your application has been granted. This is known as Tacit consent.