Council finances summary
We receive income of £118.13m and we spend £131.55m, which means our net budget to pay for services is £13.42m.
The government give us grants, including Business Rates relief grants of £1.7m and retained Business Rates and Collection Fund Surplus £4.24m.
The amount to be met from Council Tax is £7.48m.
- Our borrowing at April 1 2020 was £0
- Our investments at April 1 2020 were £98m
- On 18 February we employed 591 people
Cost of providing council services
Grants and other funding
Spending changes - budget requirement
- The budget requirement for 2020 - 2021 was £15.85m.
- The budget requirement for 2021 - 2022 is £13.42m.
Spending changes - Council Tax requirement
- The Council Tax requirement for 2020 - 2021 was £7.48m.
- The Council Tax requirement for 2021 - 2022 is £7.48m.