Published: 10 December 2021
The Department for Transport (DfT) has published a central set of policies and standards.This is to help regulate the taxi and private hire sector across all local authorities.
Crawley’s current Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy is also under review to make sure it stays current.
With changes made, the council’s Licensing Committee has, in the short term approved the draft Policy.
The Policy includes:
- Increased criminal checks on licensed drivers, operators and dispatch staff
- Additional standards required to help ensure driver, vehicle and passenger safety
- Improved information sharing processes via a National Database (NR3) and the DBS regarding driver issues and revocations
- Inclusion of measures to improve the customer experience
Before the draft policy is formally put in place, we are seeking the views of a wide variety of interested parties. This includes and is not exclusive to:
- Crawley licensed driver or proprietor
- Crawley licensed operator
- Member of the public