Taxi and private hire safety guidance
Following changes to COVID-19 restrictions on 19 July, we recommend that drivers, proprietors and operators carry out a full risk assessment of their activities. This will help keep licensed drivers and their passengers COVID-19 safe.
- Encouraging passengers to wear a face covering by keeping advisory stickers in the vehicle
- Drivers continue to wear face coverings
- Cleaning the vehicle after each journey or where reasonably practicable
- Keeping the vehicle well ventilated
- Having hand sanitiser and face coverings available
- Keeping a protective screen in the vehicle
- Encouraging passengers to sit in the rear of the vehicle
- Taking fare payments by card
See the latest safer transport guidance on GOV.UK.