- Reference: CAS026
- Division: Community Services
- Salary: £12.31 - £13.18 per hour
- Contract type: Casual
- Posted on: 10 May 2023
- Interview date: To be confirmed
- Extra payment(s): Not applicable
- Positions: Ongoing
- Category: Support services
- Grade: Not applicable
- Working hours: Varied
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Location: Metcalf Way, Crawley
- Location type: Onsite
About the role
The Neighbourhood Services team is responsible for keeping Crawley’s residential and commercial areas, recreational open spaces and parks clean and well-maintained. Our work involves a range of grounds maintenance and street cleaning tasks including:
- litter picking and litter bin emptying
- weeding and pruning shrub beds
- hedge cutting
- removing fly-tipping and graffiti
- dog bin emptying and cleaning
- strimming and cutting grass
We are looking for reliable, self-motivated people who are confident communicators and are able to prioritise workloads. You should also:
- have experience dealing with customers
- be able to report any issues you can’t deal with yourself
- have the capability to undertake physically demanding work
We are currently seeking three casual workers to join our busy teams on a short-term, casual basis.
You will need to hold a full UK driving licence, have the ability to drive transit sized vehicles and will be expected to wear a uniform as part of the role.
Previous experience of grounds maintenance machinery is preferred, but not essential, as full training can be provided.
Working hours are between 7am to 3pm, Monday-Friday. Please advise your availability when applying.
Our way of working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
How to apply
For an informal conversation or to submit your CV, email email@example.com, Safety, Facilities and Procurement Manager or call 07584154678.