Skip to main content


Animal licences

You may need an animal licence if you:

  • Run a business that provides accommodation for other people’s dogs and cats
  • Breed dogs for commercial purposes
  • Keep an animal that is on the dangerous wild animals list
  • Exhibit, use or train performing animals
  • Keep animals to sell as pets
  • Keep a riding establishment
  • Operate a zoo