What to put in your GREENbin
- Flowers and plants
- Wood or branches exceeding 100mm/4”in width
- Kitchen waste such as fruit and vegetables
- Rubbish, animal waste, cat litter or hay/straw
- Excess soil, turf, ash, concrete, stones or rubble
- Plastic bags, plant pots and seed trays
- Notifiable plants such as ragwort and giant hogweed
Garden waste should be loose in the bin with lid fully shut.
Crawley Household Waste Recycling Site (HWRS)
Any excess garden waste can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Site.
Call 01293 545861 with queries or for opening times.
Home composting is still the most environmentally friendly option. Find out more about home composting or purchasing a subsidised compost bin.