Changing your bin
You can request any changes to your bin online if:
- you would like an additional REDtop recycling bin
- your bin is either damaged or missing
- you need a bin bigger than the standard sized rubbish bin (140 litres)
If your bin has been neglected, misused or deliberately broken you will be charged £25 for a replacement. Bins remain the property of the council.
In order to reduce waste, we reuse bins. The bin you receive may not be brand new, however it will be clean.
If you live in a property with communal bins, email the Waste and Recycling team for more information.
If you are moving house, leave the bin at the property for the new occupiers, unless:
- If you have a larger 240 litre rubbish bin and are moving within Crawley. Take the bin with you and email the Waste and Recycling team so we can arrange bins at the two properties. If you are moving outside of Crawley, let us know.
- If you have a GREENbin and are moving within Crawley. Take the bin with you and email the Waste and Recycling team so we can update your account. If you are moving outside of Crawley or don’t require the service anymore, let us know.
We do not replace existing bins if you have moved into a property and want new bins.