Bulky waste collections
The Bulky Waste Collection Service is available for residents Monday-Friday, excluding bank holidays. We can give you an exact day of collection but cannot provide a time.
To book a bulky waste collection call 01293 438772.
Any changes to your booking must be made at least the day before your collection is due.
We will collect:
- Furniture (Beds, chairs, wardrobes, tables and other bulky items)
- White goods (Empty fridges and freezers with doors taped shut, cookers and washing machines)
- Electric equipment (TVs, computer VDUs, microwaves)
We won’t collect:
- Earth, paving slabs, bricks, concrete, asbestos, sheds, greenhouses, garage doors, hardcore, porcelain or metal baths, stair lifts, fencing, sun beds, car parts, engines or gas cylinders, storage heaters, plasterboard, pianos or garden waste
- House clearance collections of more than 10 items
- Minimum £27.10 for furniture and bulky items, exact charge will depend on size and volume
- Standard £30 per appliance for white goods and large electrical equipment (size of a microwave or larger)
There is an addition charge for fire damaged goods.
Refunds are only available if you contact us at least the day before your collection is due or if the council are at fault.
Residents who are receiving benefits may qualify for one free collection every 12 months.
This free collection is limited according to the size and number of items requiring collection; up to a maximum of £43 Some benefits may be excluded.
We must always make a charge (regardless of income status) for fire damaged goods, radiators, sinks, plastic baths, toilets, tiles and kitchen units.
You can transport your own items to the Crawley Household Waste Recycling Site and dispose of them free of charge.
You can use a private contractor to collect and dispose of unwanted items. Ensure the contractor is a Registered Waste Carrier first.
You may be able to find homes for some of your unwanted items through a charity shop or a charity such as British Heart Foundation, Debra or St Catherine’s Hospice.