Planning and climate change SPD
This document was adopted in October 2016, following consultations carried out earlier in the year.
It describes how development in Crawley should be designed to comply with the policies concerning climate change in Crawley’s Local Plan. It focuses on the following policies:
- Policy ENV6: Sustainable design and construction
- Policy ENV7: District energy networks
- Policy ENV8: Development and food risk
- Policy ENV9: Tackling water stress
- Policy IN3: Development and requirements for sustainable transport
It also provides guidance on parts of the following policies which contribute to addressing climate change:
- Policy CH3: Normal requirements of all new development
- Policy ENV1: Green infrastructure
A guidance note has been prepared to assist in achieving greater sustainability and energy and water efficiency for alterations and extensions to buildings (including for householder planning applications).