Planning enforcement

Although it is not a criminal offence to carry out development without first obtaining planning permission, it may be a contravention of planning laws and we have powers to enforce those laws.

Unauthorised developments can have serious and adverse impact on neighbours and the local environment. We have a duty to deal with breaches of planning control.

If you think a development does not have planning permission or that planning conditions are not being adhered to you can report this using our planning enforcement form.

The source of a notification of an alleged breach is always treated as confidential. Anonymous reports will generally not be investigated.

Keeping track of enforcement

Use the planning enforcement search to find details of planning breaches that have been reported in Crawley. This online enforcement register lists all notices served since 2000. For older notices contact Development Control.