Published: 15 March 2022
From: Business and economy
Crawley Borough Council has awarded a total of £8,290 from its small grants fund to six community organisations.
Small grants of between £50 and £2,500 are paid out to groups who aim to foster greater levels of community support and cohesion through their projects and events.
The latest grants are:
- £2,500 to the Montefiore Institute for replacement windows
- £2,500 to the Downsman Bowls Club for building works to its pavilion
- £1,540 to Dance Hub for its youth empowered street dance club
- £1,250 to Crawley LGBTQU+ towards its safe spaces in Crawley project
- £500 to Crawley and Horsham Armed Forces and Veterans’ Breakfast Club for its veterans’ drop-in at the Bridge Café in St John’s Church
- £500 to Family Support Work for its ‘Time out’ drop-in sessions for parents, carers and families
It is a pleasure to be able to help support these marvellous community groups with this financial support. We are so fortunate in Crawley to have some wonderful people full of community spirit. They are unsung heroes. It was especially satisfying to go to meet the volunteers who look after the Montefiore Institute. This is a wonderful asset for Three Bridges and the surrounding neighbourhoods and to help them to replace their windows and also help ensure it remains in keeping with the building’s historic identity is very satisfying indeed. Here’s to many more happy and successful years ahead.
Cllr Michael Jones
Cabinet member for Public Protection and Community Engagement
Crawley Borough Council
The small grants scheme is open to all community groups and clubs whose activities take place in, or benefit, the Crawley area.
Applications are considered at any time; however, you are advised to apply at least a month before the event or activity will take place.
Typically we award a grant or funding contribution to most proposals that are eligible for support. We also provide match funding opportunities.
The application form and eligibility criteria are available on our grants pages.
For more information about applying contact Craig Downs, Funding and Commissioning Officer at Crawley Borough Council, on 01293 438763.