Young people and housing

Are you under 18?

If so, Children’s Services at West Sussex County Council (WSCC) have a duty to help and support you. This could be to help you remain in your existing accommodation or help you find alternative accommodation.

If you are aged from 16 to 18 or aged over 18 and in full-time education, some benefits could be available to you.

Supported housing

If you are a single young person who cannot remain in their current home supported housing may be an option.

Each scheme has their own policies and is often part of a wider support package, for example, Crawley YMCA Foyer support young people in housing crisis.

Joining the housing register

You can apply to join the housing register if you are:

  • 18 years of age or older
  • Have a five year local connection with Crawley (lived, worked or have immediate family here for five years or more)

Apply as homeless

We can advise and assist you if you are:

  • Homeless
  • Threatened with homelessness within 56 days
  • A recipient of an eviction notice

If any of these apply to you, complete our housing assessment form.

Complete the Housing Assessment form