Skip to main content

Finding a home

New housing developments

Bridgefield House

Bridgefield House is in a great location near to the town centre and we want it to be a great place to live, with a great mix of people making a great community.

Council rented properties were advertised on Crawley Homechoice for two weeks until Friday 7 August.

Shared ownership

Some of the apartments in Bridgefield House are available to buy through shared ownership. Visit the Help to Buy website for more information.

To express an interest in buying a shared ownership flat at Bridgefield House email Bridgefield House Connells or call 01293 515444.

The homes

  • Ground floor - four one-bedroom and three two–bedroom flats
  • First, second, third and fourth floors - five one-bedroom flats, nine two-bedroom flats and one three-bedroom flat


  • Accessible – single level living and lifts to all floors
  • Secure homes with a door entry system and an access controlled lift. You and your visitors only have access to the communal areas and the floor you live on
  • Energy efficient - well insulated homes with heating and hot water supplied by a District Heat Network. All homes are fitted with an over bath shower linked to the hot water system to help reduce water costs
  • Heating and hot water – All homes are fitted with radiators without a boiler. Hot water for the heating system (and taps) is supplied by the District Heat Network. The metering and billing for the heat network will be managed for us by Sycous. You will be able to keep track of your usage and cost through an In-Home display. See the Sycous tenant heat metering guide for more information. Note: there is no gas supply to the flats and it cannot be installed
  • Bicycle storage - secure cycle stores next to the car park provide ample storage for bikes


Town centre living means limited parking. There will be parking spaces for approximately 50 per cent of the flats.

Parking will be managed by us and you will need to apply and pay for a separate license to park within the development. The anticipated cost of this will be £5.00 per week.

You will not be able to buy a resident permit for the surrounding streets, although you may be able to get a non-resident permit. New developments are excluded from resident permit schemes as the requirement for parking is considered through the planning process.

There are no spare spaces for visitors. Pay and display parking is available at the Town Hall and Kingsgate multi-storey car parks within 200 metres.


Our experience has shown that pets can unwittingly create problems, so we have put in place a no pets policy for all flats where doors open into communal areas, except for two flats on the ground floor that have their own external front door.

Outside space

There is limited outside space on the ground floor and on the roof terrace on the sixth floor. The roof terrace will be available to residents who apply and pay for a licence. Memorial Gardens and children’s playground are a short walk away. Railey Road allotments are also within walking distance.