Behind with your rent

Contact us

If you cannot pay your rent contact your Housing Officer as soon as possible. We can make sure you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to and work out a way for you to pay that is reasonable and affordable.


If you are on a low income you may be entitled to help with your rent and council tax and other benefits.  


If you get into debt there are organisations to help you, visit the money and debt advice page.

Next steps

Taking action early on before arrears get too large is important and we will make every effort to help you, but non-payment of rent is a serious issue.

We will take legal action against you if, by not paying your rent, you get into rent arrears and therefore break the terms of the tenancy agreement. This could result in you losing your home.