Environmental Health (Degree) Apprentice - register your interest!
- Looking for a career where they can make a difference to peoples’ health and the environment?
- Excited by the opportunity to study for a degree and gain professional status as an Environmental Health Practitioner whilst gaining experience in the workplace?
- Prepared to invest around 4 ½ years in achieving this goal?
- Available to commit from August 2022?
We’re exploring the idea of creating an opportunity to become a qualified Environmental Health Practitioner within our Environmental Health team. This will be through the Environmental Health Practitioner (Integrated Degree) Apprenticeship route.
As this will be a new venture for us, we’re keen to find out how much interest there is in this.
Find out more about Environmental Health the profession:
- Looking for a career where they can make a difference to peoples’ health and the environment
- Able to cope with the academic demands of the study for an honours degree while working to develop their practical skills
- Willingness to study through a combination of online and on campus delivery (you’ll spend around 1 day per week on the Middlesex University – Hendon campus and 1 day per week online, 24 weeks of the year)
- Highly motivated and organised, with excellent time management skills
- An excellent communicator and influencer
- An investigative and analytical approach
- Strong IT skills and be able to produce clear reports and case records
- An alignment with our values and behaviours
To qualify for the apprenticeship, you will need:
- Grade 4 / C or above in English and Maths GCSE (or other level 2 equivalent)
- 96 UCAS points (typically at grades CCC – A level or level 3 equivalent)
- Minimum of one science or technology-based subject at A level drawn from Chemistry, Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, Nutrition, Food Science or similar. Can also include psychology (contact Middlesex University for specific requirements)
How do I register my interest?
By registering your interest with us, you’ll be amongst the first to know when we start accepting applications. Plus, if you’re successful in joining us, you’ll gain invaluable hands-on experience, skills and knowledge working alongside our talented Environmental Health colleagues, a salary and fully funded studies up to qualified status.