Monitoring air quality
Our Pollution Control section monitors local air quality around Crawley
Register of part A and part B notices
List of part B and part A permits issued in Crawley (in related documents).
Air Quality Management Areas
An Air Quality Management Area (AQMA) has been formally declared along Crawley Avenue and around the Hazelwick roundabout because the levels of nitrogen dioxide exceed what is permitted.
- Continue to measure and find solutions to improvement air quality, and corresponding reduction in emissions to meet the air quality objectives within the AQMA
- Refine knowledge of sources of pollution, so that the air quality action plan may be appropriately targeted
- Take account of any new local developments that were not fully considered within previous assessment work
- Carry out additional in depth monitoring to support the conclusion to declare the AQMA
- Respond to any comments made by statutory consultees in respect of the detailed assessment
Planning decisions should ensure that any new development in Air Quality Management Areas is consistent with the local air quality action plan.