Entry is strictly by appointment only. When visiting the Town Hall you must wear a face-covering unless exempt for reasons of age, health or disability.
- I want to pay in cash. What do I do?
Book an appointment online or call 01293 438000.
- What are the revised opening hours?
10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Is the Town Hall safe for visitors?
Yes. Social distance will be maintained at all times. Council officers will clean all surfaces after every appointment. Staff will wear a face mask and visor, plus gloves when handling documents. All visitors will have to sanitise their hands on entering and exiting the building and must wear a face-covering unless exempt for reasons of age, health or disability. Please remember that not all disabilities are visible, so please be understanding of other visitors who may not be able to follow this rule.
If you are feeling unwell (or suspect you have coronavirus) please do not attend the appointment.
- What personal protective equipment will be worn by council staff?
Staff will wear a face mask and visor, plus gloves when handling documents. These will be passed to the relevant department after three days.
- Why is it appointments only?
To ensure that the number of people in the public areas of the Town Hall remains low enough that social distancing guidance is complied with for the safety of visitors and staff. This is in line with government advice for reopening public buildings.
- What are you doing to make the building safe for visitors and staff?
All visitors have to sanitise their hands on entering and exiting the building. Council officers will sanitise surfaces after every visitor.
- I’m disabled and park in the multi-storey car park. How do I get into the Town Hall?
Disability access is via the side door between the car park and rear entrance to the Town Hall and going around the building to the front doors.
- Why can’t I pay by card in the Town Hall?
We only have limited appointment slots available so want them to be available to people whose only option is to pay in cash. If you are paying by debit or credit card you can do so online at crawley.gov.uk/payments, over the phone by calling our automated payments line on 01293 438312 or at your bank.
- Will you make me stand outside if I’m early for my appointment and it’s raining heavily?
Yes. Please arrive on time for your appointment.