Council services - closures and updates
The following facilities, venues and services are closed until further notice:
- Town Hall
- Tilgate Nature Centre
- Community centres (except for children of key workers. See our supporting the community page for more information)
- Crawley Museum
- Garage rentals
- K2 Crawley
- Play service - all play areas and outdoor gyms (including party hire)
- Multi-use games areas, basketball courts and tennis courts
- Crawley Skate Park and parkour area
- Public toilets
- The Hawth Theatre - visit the Hawth website for details
We are working on plans to reopen certain facilities. However, people are reminded to continue to observe distancing and hygiene guidelines and refrain from using facilities and equipment until further notice.
Other service changes
None of our 86 play areas will be reopening on Saturday 4 July. We are working to reopen some play areas but need to ensure if and when we do, that we comply with government guidance
Tilgate Nature Centre, the Walled Garden and outdoor gym remain closed to the public until further notice.
The Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice and we are unable to accept cheque or cash payments. We advise customers to use other payment methods which are still available.
You can continue to work on your allotment. If choosing to do this, hand washing and social distancing guidance must be followed. Self-isolation is required if you are considered at risk. It is your responsibility to keep up with and follow government advice.
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash hands regularly
- Only use running water from taps to wash hands and not water from troughs and containers.
- Do not share tools
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing the gate
- Minimise contact with others, i.e no handshakes
- Close communal facilities (Tilgate site)
- Cover your plot if you are unable to work your allotment
- Bonfires - consider neighbours living adjacent to the allotment site, do not burn anything at the allotment site. Many sites are surrounded by houses where vulnerable people may be getting their only bit of fresh air through an open window. This also applies to BBQs.
Note - If you have livestock on site and must visit twice a day, please photograph your livestock as you may be required to complete a government form which will permit you to tend your animals. The photograph will help to prove what you are doing if challenged whilst out.
For more information, visit The National Allotment’s Society’s COVID-19 page.
If you have any questions, call 07990 554021(Monday-Friday 8.30am- 5pm) or email the Allotment team.
We are making every effort to collect from existing customers but there may be some disruption. See our Q and A page for the latest on waste and recycling services.
The boardwalk is closed to the public until further notice as social distancing measures cannot be observed effectively due to the narrow walkways.
Only essential visits for installations and responding to faults are currently being undertaken. Service enquiries and advice will be conducted by phone.
It is not currently possible to carry out any home visits or property inspections regarding housing conditions. Email the Private Sector Housing team with photographs if you are experiencing issues in your home and you would like the council to help. We will respond to you and advise what we are able to do on your behalf.
Employ Crawley will continue to provide a free service to support job seekers by phone, email and text.
Job seekers - call Kamlesh 07814 903871 (Weekdays 09:00 – 16:00) or Neil 07909 730956 (Monday-Thursday, 9am–4pm) or email Employ Crawley.
For businesses looking for help with their recruitment needs or outplacement support, please contact Ana-Maria Maddock on 07805 804826 or via email Employ Crawley.