Coronavirus - parking

Parking restrictions continue to be enforced so please take note of the signs and road markings and make sure you park in accordance with the requirements.  You are strongly advised not to park on yellow lines, loading bays, taxi ranks, bus stops, doctors bays, disabled bays (unless you have a valid Blue Badge), zig-zag lines and clearways. We have not suspended any pay and display areas.

I am an NHS staff member, health or social care worker, or NHS Volunteer Responder. Can I get free parking?

We have extended the provision of free parking for NHS workers, social care staff and volunteers until 21 September 2021 at Orchard Street multi-storey car park.The car park, located at the junction of Orchard Street/Pegler Way and is a secure, 24-hour car park less than five minutes’ walk from Crawley Hospital. .

Parking concessions for COVID-19 can only be used when on official duty as an NHS staff member, health and social care worker or NHS Volunteer Responder. Local authorities, NHS Trusts and the Royal Voluntary Service will be distributing the pass to those they deem to be eligible.

If you believe you are eligible for a pass, please contact your workplace who will then provide the necessary details to the council to update systems.  Please be aware that this can take time, and you need to make sure you have the appropriate permissions in place to be eligible to park without charge.

Please note that charges for on-street parking and at other locations still apply.

I have a question that isn’t answered above

Most of our staff are working from home so email Parking Services with your enquiry wherever possible. If necessary, you can leave a message on 01293 438696 and we will return your call as soon as possible.