Coronavirus - parking
Parking restrictions continue to be enforced so please take note of the signs and road markings and make sure you park in accordance with the requirements. You are strongly advised not to park on yellow lines, loading bays, taxi ranks, bus stops, doctors bays, disabled bays (unless you have a valid Blue Badge), zig-zag lines and clearways. We have not suspended any pay and display areas.
- I am an NHS staff member, health or social care worker, or NHS Volunteer Responder. Can I get free parking?
A free national parking concession given to health and social care workers throughout the last year will come to an end in most parts of West Sussex, including Crawley on 21 June 2021.
The COVID-19 parking pass enabled free on and off-street parking for those on duty as an NHS staff member, health or social care worker, or NHS Volunteer Responder.
The passes were intended for temporary use during the COVID-19 emergency response period.
As lockdown restrictions are relaxed, increased demand for parking is expected at many locations, so it is no longer sustainable to continue to allow free parking for these workers. Those who use a COVID-19 parking pass, either in a council-owned car park or on-street, need to plan alternative parking arrangements from 21 June 2021.
After 21 June, you will receive a Penalty Charge Notice if you do not display the correct permit or ticket.
See our car parks page for details about parking and charges in Crawley. You can also apply for season tickets at some of our town centre car parks.
- I am a key worker, can I get free parking?
We are not offering free parking unless you are an NHS staff member, health or social care worker, or NHS Volunteer Responder. Free parking for these workers is ending on 21 June.
- I am self-isolating / on furlough / on the Job Support Scheme and live in a Controlled Parking Zone. I now have to park my car at home during the day. Do I need a Resident Permit?
Yes. You can buy a resident permit for one year which costs £44 for the first permit at the address and £88 for additional permits.
Alternatively, you can buy a resident dispensation for one month which costs £5.00. This scheme will end on 31 December 2020.
Please email Parking Services if you would like to buy one of the above. We will need your:
- Full name and address
- Vehicle registration number, make, model and colour of vehicle
- Contact telephone number so that we can take payment before posting your permit / dispensation to your permit / dispensation to you
- I have a question that isn’t answered above
Most of our staff are working from home so email Parking Services with your enquiry wherever possible. If necessary, you can leave a message on 01293 438696 and we will return your call as soon as possible.