Coronavirus - parking
Parking restrictions continue to be enforced so please take note of the signs and road markings and make sure you park in accordance with the requirements. You are strongly advised not to park on yellow lines, loading bays, taxi ranks, bus stops, doctors bays, disabled bays (unless you have a valid Blue Badge), zig-zag lines and clearways. We have not suspended any pay and display areas.
- I am an NHS staff member / health or social care worker / NHS Volunteer Responder. Can I get free parking?
You can apply for a government coronavirus (COVID-19) parking pass through your NHS Trust or the Royal Voluntary Service who will issue them to those they deem to be eligible. Visit the government's website for more information.
The parking pass can only be used when on official duty as an NHS staff member, health and social care worker or NHS Volunteer Responder. You may only park in on-street pay and display bays, resident permit holder bays, limited wait bays, shared use bays and at the Town Hall multi-storey car park. If you park anywhere else, you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice. Concessions do not apply if you are parking at your normal place of residence or other locations whilst not at work or volunteering.
If you are based at Crawley Hospital, you can obtain free parking in our secure, 24-hour Orchard Street multi-storey car park that’s less than five minutes' walk away. Please email Parking Services from your work email address with your:
- Vehicle registration number
- Telephone number
- Organisation you work for
If you only have a personal email address, please provide a copy of your ID badge (preferably photo ID) or volunteer identification. We may ask for additional information to ensure parking is given to those most in need.
We will provide email confirmation when you're set up.
- I am a key worker, can I get free parking?
We are not offering free parking unless you are an NHS staff member / health or social care worker / NHS Volunteer Responder.
- I am self-isolating / on furlough / on the Job Support Scheme and live in a Controlled Parking Zone. I now have to park my car at home during the day. Do I need a Resident Permit?
Yes. You can buy a resident permit for one year which costs £44 for the first permit at the address and £88 for additional permits.
Alternatively, you can buy a resident dispensation for one month which costs £5.00. This scheme will end on 31 December 2020.
Please email Parking Services if you would like to buy one of the above. We will need your:
- Full name and address
- Vehicle registration number, make, model and colour of vehicle
- Contact telephone number so that we can take payment before posting your permit / dispensation to your permit / dispensation to you
- I have a question that isn’t answered above
Most of our staff are working from home so email Parking Services with your enquiry wherever possible. If necessary, you can leave a message on 01293 438696 and we will return your call as soon as possible.