Closures and updates
The government’s roadmap out of lockdown sees the end of most legal COVID-19 restrictions on Monday 19 July.
- Town Hall – open for pre-booked appointments only
The Town Hall is open from 10am-4pm to visitors with pre-booked appointments only. Please follow the link or call 01293 438000 to book.
Our phone lines will continue to be busy, so please use our online services where possible.
- Tilgate Park – some closures
From Monday 19 July visitors can turn up and pay on entrance. However, Crawley residents who want to take advantage of the resident discount can only do so by pre-booking via myCrawley. More information regarding bookings is available on the Tilgate Nature Centre website. All houses will be open and mask wearing is optional. There will no longer be a one-way system in operation around the Walled Garden or Nature Centre and enhanced cleaning will continue to be in place..Tilgate Park cafés – The Lakeside Café and Walled Garden Café are open for table service for groups of up to six people or two households.
- Walled Garden maze remains closed for essential maintenance until further notice
- Playground – open
- Public toilets – open
All public toilets are open.
- Sport and leisure centres – open
Most activities and equipment will return to their original locations and the booking system will be automatically adjusted to reflect this. Gym members will now not be required to book sessions. The gym will remain bookable for ‘pay as you go’ and junior members via the Everyone Active app and website. Swimming sessions and other sporting activities will continue to be booked online and via the app. Face coverings are encouraged to be worn while moving around the centre.
- Community centres – open
All community centres are now open subject to activities permissible under current guidance and await updates from the government for multi-use facilities.
- Outdoor sports and leisure
- Maidenbower 3G pitch and playing fields are open
- Tennis courts and multi-use games areas are open
- Outdoor gyms are open
- BMX track and skate park are open
- The Bandstand is available to hire
- Council play areas – some closures
All outdoor play areas are open, except:
- Ninfield Court, Bewbush
- One of the two at Southgate Playing Fields
- Chichester Close, Tilgate
- Adventure playgrounds
From May half term, Cherry Lane and Millpond Adventure Playgrounds are operating open access play sessions.
School holiday opening hours are Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) from 11am-1pm and 2-5pm and term time Tuesday to Thursday from 3-5pm and 6-7.30pm.
- Allotments – open
You can continue to work on your allotment.
Please do not burn anything on a bonfire or light a BBQ at the allotment site. Many sites are surrounded by houses where vulnerable people may have their windows open to get fresh air.
- Cemeteries – open
Snell Hatch and Little Trees cemeteries remain open (daily, 9am-7.30pm) for burials, interments and for those wishing to pay their respects.
Burials may take place while you are visiting. We ask that you do not park in the area reserved for those attending burials; please show respect and observe social distancing advice at all times.
- Employ Crawley – open
- Employ Crawley Youth Hub – The Employ Crawley Youth Hub in the Town Hall is open for pre-booked appointments only Mondays to Wednesdays between 10am-4pm.To arrange an appointment call 07814 903871 or 07909 730956, or email Employ Crawley
- Employ Crawley continues to provide a free service to support job seekers by phone, email and text. Job seekers – call Kamlesh 07814 903871 (weekdays from 9am-4pm) or Neil 07909 730956 (Monday-Thursday from 9am-4pm) or email Employ Crawley
Businesses looking for help with their recruitment needs or outplacement support, contact Ana-Maria Maddock on 07805 804826 or by emailing Employ Crawley
- Theatres – open
The Hawth is open for performances.
- Waste and recycling collections
Waste, recycling and garden waste collections continue as usual.
- Housing repairs
Gas servicing, emergency and essential repairs and maintenance only. An emergency repair is a boiler breakdown, loss of power, an uncontainable leak, or wind and water damage to the property. If your repair is urgent please call the Crawley Repairs Team on 01293 438111 or email Housing Repairs.
We are taking requests for new installations and responding to faults. The Lifeline Team wear appropriate PPE and will install a Lifeline that uses a landline. If you don't have a landline or do not want anyone to enter your house during this time, we have a unit that works off mobile phone technology. We can pre-programme the unit and deliver it to your doorstep. All you need to do is plug it in and it is ready to use. We are taking service enquiries and giving advice by phone.