Community centre questions

How do I book a community centre?

Call the Facilities team between 8.30am-5pm on 01293 438362 or email the team.

Visit the community centre information page for more details.

What times are the centres open?

Sunday to Wednesday: 9am-10.30pm
Thursday and Friday: 9am-11pm
Saturday: 9am-12 midnight

Times may vary depending on the community centre, check when enquiring.

What time does entertainment need to finish?

All entertainment must be finished, packed up and cleared from the building by the end of the hire time. The hirer must make sure the building is vacated on time and rooms have been left clean and tidy. 

We offer a clear up service for functions at the rate of £75.

Can adult socials take place in all centres?

Adult socials cannot take place at Pound Hill, Milton Mount or Wakehams Green.

What is the age range for a child’s party?

Children’s parties/celebrations are for up to 15 years of age and where the majority of persons in attendance are under 15 years of age, except parties for one to five year olds.

What are the rules for children’s parties?
  • Alcohol is not allowed at parties/celebrations/social bookings for under 18 year olds.
  • All children’s parties should finish at 10pm.
  • Christenings and Naming Ceremonies are classed as adult socials.
What happens if there is a problem during my hire?

Call the duty Facilities Officer on 07702 847765 immediately if there are any problems or issues.

What equipment is in the centres?

Each centre has slightly different facilities, but all have a main hall and kitchen facility, some also have a stage.  

All kitchens are equipped with a fridge, cooker, boiler/tea urn and some have a microwave. All centres have disabled access with separate toilets and disabled car parking bays.

Do you need a licence if selling or supplying alcohol?

If you are supplying the alcohol free of charge or if the guests are bringing their own, you do not require a licence. However, the sale of alcohol or supply of alcohol by a caterer both require a licence (Temporary Event Notice).

Are gas burners allowed?

Gas burners, candles/gel burners, tea lights are not permitted. This includes any religious or ‘ceremonial burners’. Use of naked flame is not allowed, although small cake candles are acceptable.

Can I charge for entry on the door?

If you are selling tickets for your event then you will be required to provide security. Security must be provided by a Securities Industry Association certified company. A copy of the certificate and a confirmation of attendance will be required before the booking is confirmed. 

Can I hire a bouncy castle?

Yes but it’s your responsibility to ensure the safe hiring and operation of the equipment. Check the ceiling height of the centre before hiring.

If you’re having a bouncy castle or soft play area, this will reduce the hall capacity size by half.

What is the cancellation policy?

A full refund is given if you notify us of the cancellation before the start time of the hire.

Will the centre be open in bad weather?

We will make every effort to keep facilities open in the event of bad weather. Check our home page or social media to see whether there are any disruptions.