Plan your visit
Tilgate Park is located on Tilgate Drive, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 5PQ.
Metrobus service 2 runs to the park on weekends and Bank Holidays. Monday to Friday it stops at K2 Crawley, a 15 to 20 minute walk from Tilgate Park.
The Nature Centre and Walled Garden:
- 27 March to 30 October 2022 from 10am to 6pm (last entry at 5pm)
- Open the rest of the year from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm)
- Closed on Christmas day (25 December)
- Boxing day 10am to 1pm (last entry at 12pm)
The Walled Garden is locked at closing.
Daytime charges apply in the main car park and the Fisherman’s car park. Prices and times can be found in Fees and Charges. New options to pay for parking are available via our paying for car parks page.
We have some provision for disabled drivers, minibuses and coaches. A few extra spaces are also located next to the Nature Centre.
There is a 2.1m height restriction in all Tilgate Park car parks.
Coach tours and school visits
Group packages start from £6 per person and include:
- Free coach parking
- Meet and greet service
- Entrance to park and nature centre
- Complimentary pass for organiser or driver
Group catering can be booked at the Walled Garden café with historical talks and guided tours also available at additional cost.
Minimum group size is 20. Email email@example.com to book your visit or for more information.
- Barbecues are not allowed
- Dogs must be kept on lead around Tilgate Lake at all times
- Dogs are not permitted in the Nature Centre, Walled Garden or play area
- Cycling is allowed on the bridleways on the park’s perimeters and along the roadway to the Nature Centre