Single person discount

Your Council Tax bill is based on two adults living in the property as their main home (called sole or main residence). 

A discount of 25 per cent applies when only one adult (aged 18 or over) lives in the property as their main home. 

If you are the only adult living in your property, let the Council Tax team know.

If you are getting a single adult occupier discount of 25 per cent, you must tell us by law within 21 days if your circumstances change and another adult joins your household. You can be fined up to £70 if you don’t.