Council Tax information


You can appeal your Council Tax if you think you are not liable to pay or should receive a discount:



Bogus calls and emails have been received by some residents advising that their council tax has been overpaid and suggesting they go to a website. This message is not from the council and the website link should not be used.


If you receive a call or email advising of problems with your council Tax banding and asking for bank details in order to pay charges or apply for a refund, be aware we will not ask for bank details by email or phone when discussing any change in the banding of your property. We will always write to you. If you have any concerns call 01293 438616.

Copy bills

A charge of £8.40 applies for each copy bill requested for previous financial years. Email the Council Tax team with the detail of the bills you are requesting, together with your contact telephone number.

If you would like to manage your Council Tax account online, including access to your last bill and your annual bill, sign up to myCrawley.

Prevent fraud

Report Council Tax fraud at any time by: 

  • Completing our report fraud form
  • Calling our 24 hour free phone: 0800 634 0180

Get help and advice

If you are worried about debts or have missed payments, the government's MoneyHelper website offers free independent advice.

Data protection

Any information we hold about you in the Council Tax records will be used for the billing, collection and recovery of Council Tax and to enable the council to carry out and perform its statutory duties. 

The council is under a duty to protect funds it administers. In order to do this it may also share the information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administrating public funds for the prevention and detection of crime.