Skip to main content

The Town Hall is closed to visitors. Other services may have changed, see our Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest information and advice.

Lots of half-price dining on offer in Crawley

Published: 29 July 2020

From: Culture

More than 30 Crawley businesses have already signed up to offer half-price dining from Monday (3 August) as part of the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme.

The scheme enables customers to get a 50 per cent discount on food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink-in (up to a maximum of £10 discount per diner), every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 3 and 31 August, as many times as you like.

The purpose of the scheme is to encourage more people to visit their local pubs, cafes and restaurants to help boost the hospitality industry.

There are currently 34 cafes, pubs and restaurants in the town centre and Crawley’s neighbourhoods registered for the scheme – and this list is growing daily. Visit the GOV UK website for the full list.

Please ensure you follow the Keep Crawley Safe guidance:

  • Maintain social distancing
  • Practise good hygiene – wash your hands or use hand sanitiser
  • If you have coronavirus symptoms don’t go out and book a test at GOV UK.

This is a really great opportunity to support our businesses and help our local hospitality industry which has suffered due to the lockdown. It is a benefit for us as customers but also for the pubs, restaurants and cafes that we have missed.

Cllr Peter Smith

Cabinet member for Planning and Economic Development

Crawley Borough Council

If you run a café, pub or restaurant, you can register for the scheme if your establishment:

  • Sells food for immediate consumption on the premises
  • Provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
  • Was registered as a food business with Crawley Borough Council on or before 7 July

You can then claim the amount of discounts you’ve given to customers under the scheme from the government.

For more information on how to register, visit the GOV UK website.