Published: 28 July 2022
If you're a tenant or a leaseholder, come and talk to us about your estate.
We are looking at how we could manage our housing land and communal spaces in the future and want to know what you think about where you live.
Living in the area means you are best placed to tell us about your estate, so come and tell us about it.
Our Estate Day will give us a chance to kick start our new approach to estate management.
Can’t make the day? Give us your views via a short survey.
Friday 5 August 2022, 10am to 2pm
Our main locations are:
- At the former Adventure Playgound in Creasys Drive, Broadfield
- The Green at Gassonwood Road, Bewbush
We’ve chosen these as it is where a great proportion of our tenants live.
At these main locations we'll be completing Estate Inspections and there will be other organisations and stalls, with staff to tell you about our work.
In these areas we’ll be doing an Estate Inspection, there won’t be any stalls, but we’d still like you to come and tell us what you think about your estate.
- Northgate - Oak Way
- West Green - Sunnymead
- Ifield - Deerswood Court
- Gossops Green - Highams hill
- Southgate - Caburn Court
- Furnace Green - Ashburnham Drive
- Tilgate - Wren Court
- Pound Hill - Wakehams Green Drive
All of our staff will be out of the office, talking to you and completing Estate Inspections. Our senior managers, housing officers, surveyors, cleaners and everyone else as well as many others from our repair partners will be working to make the day a success.
Town Hall services
We will be closing Crawley Homes services in the Town Hall for the event but we will still be at work.
Calls to Crawley Repairs Team will be handled on the day by Liberty on 01293 438111 or you can report non-urgent repairs via our form.
The Town Hall will be open for other council services.
Bring your flyer!
With your rent statements you’ll have received a flyer telling you about the day. Bring the flyer with you to exchange it for a ticket to enter a free prize draw and at our main locations, ice creams for your kids (subject to availability).
Free prize draw
Crawley Homes’ tenants can exchange the flyer for a ticket to our free prize draw. Get there before 1pm at our main locations to enter or get there before 12.45pm to enter at our other sites.
The free prize draw ticket gives you a chance to win a whole host of family-friendly prizes, including child entry to Fishers Farm, Love2shop vouchers, Tesco vouchers, John Lewis vouchers, hampers and and money off entry to Tilgate Nature Centre.
Ice cream for the kids
Out our main locations, Crawley Homes’ tenants can exchange the flyer for tickets to get free ice creams for the kids, these tickets are limited and once they are exhausted, payment will be required for any ice creams.
Find out more at the stalls
As well as talking to residents about estate management, there will be an opportunity to get information and support on other issues that may be affecting you, such as the cost of living.
At our main hubs
The following organisations have indicated they will be able to attend on the day, however, with two main locations some of them will only be available at one of them. We are hoping that they will be able to provide us with information and literature to use at the other location. We are also waiting for confirmation from other organisations. Click 'show' below to view a list and description of confirmed organisations.
- West Sussex Fire and Rescue - the fire engine will be located at Bewbush, but will be on call. They’ll be there to share fire safety tips
- Southern Water - tips on reducing water usage (lower bills for those on a meter) and making sure you are on the right tariff. We anticipate another water company will be at the other location
- Open House - their work with the homeless and disadvantaged, advice, resource centre and outreach work
Employ Crawley - find out about their free advice and guidance to help Crawley residents move into work or progress into the next stages of their career or training
- Early Help Service - just part of their work are the West Sussex Family Hubs, which offer information, advice and guidance to families and young people
Police Community Support Officers - we anticipate your local PCSOs will be at both of our main locations
- Play Service
- Crawley Community Action - how they can support local charities and community groups, volunteering in Crawley, Social prescribing and more
Crawley Homes’ stalls
We will also have staff on hand to talk to you about areas of our service. Click 'show' below to view a list and description of our services.
- Energy efficiency and decarbonisation of our homes - find out about NetZero targets, Solar panels, decarbonisation and energy efficiency
- Damp, condensation and mould - talk to our surveyors and operatives about reducing damp and mould
- Lifeline - What our emergency call system can offer you
- Financial Inclusion - how we can help tenants who are at risk of losing their home through rent arrears and those struggling to pay their rent
- Wates Living Space - based at Bewbush, chat to them about the repairs service and report repairs. They'll be having a go at face painting too!
- Mears Group - based at Broadfield, chat to them about the repairs service and report repairs
- Liberty Group - talk about gas safety, and the importance of the annual gas safety check
- Tenancy Services - information on your tenancy and paying your rent
- Tenant and Leaseholder Action Panel (TLAP) - meet members of Crawley Homes’ Tenant and Leaseholder Action Panel, our resident scrutiny group. Find out what they do and how you could get involved
At all locations Crawley Homes staff will be using the sites as a base for getting out in the neighbourhoods and completing inspections of communal housing spaces and blocks of flats. If you’ve got something to say about the area you live in stop by and have a chat. We may not have a solution or answer on the spot but we want to get your views. We’ll be wearing our ID and/or name badges so we’ll be easy to find.