- Reference: N/A
- Salary: £10.71 - £22.50 per hour
- Contract type: Casual
- Posted on: 24 September 2021
- Interview date: To be confirmed
- Division: Community Services
- Positions: Ongoing
- Grade: Not applicable
- Working hours: Varied
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Location: K2, Crawley
- Category: Health and wellbeing
About the role
- Level 3 Personal Trainer Qualification (Specifically qualified in working with Special populations)
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise referral / GP Referral (or working towards gaining this qualification within the next 6 months)
- Background and/or experience in nutrition
- A flexible attitude, and willingness and availability to deliver courses that run in evenings and/or week days
- RSPH Level 2 Award in Nutrition for Health (or equivalent)
- Level 3 Specialist in special population (Older adults, Disabilities, youth)
- Falls prevention instructor (PSI/Otago)
- Level 4 Specialist special population qualification (Examples such as Cardiac Phase IV, Metabolic disorders)
- Dementia Awareness Training
Responsibilities to include:
- To maintain written records and registers as required
- To act as a positive role model for learners and to ensure that professional standards of behaviour and dress are adhered to at all times
We offer a range of courses which run mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends, and we are looking for instructors who would be available on a casual basis. Days and times are negotiable but must fit in around service demand.
This post is subject to satisfactory clearance of Disclosure and Barring (DBS) checks
We offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our way of working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
How to apply
To apply or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org