- Reference: PX14
- Salary: £35,035.00 - £41,691.00 per annum
- Contract type: Fixed term
- Posted on: 05 November 2021
- Interview date:
- Division: Major Projects and Commercial
- Positions: 1
- Grade: I - J
- Working hours: 37 per week
- Closing date: 28 November 2021
- Location: Town Hall, Crawley
- Category: Leisure and culture
About the role
Crawley Borough Council is a forward thinking progressive organisation with a track record of delivering excellent community services. These services are delivered through a range of direct delivery, partnership and contracting models. This role will oversee the client management of these high profile services currently delivered through third party contractors and partners including the council’s leisure services portfolio incorporating the prestigious K2 Crawley Leisure Centre, the Bewbush gym facilities, the Hawth Theatre and the Broadfield Stadium.
To take the client management lead for sport, leisure, community and cultural facilities. The post holder will ensure positive working relationships are maintained with contractors, leases and other third parties ensuring such parties adhere to their respective contractual responsibilities for the facilities they are directly managing.
Over the next 18 months, the post holder will respond to a range of challenging operational and strategic opportunities including:
- Working with K2 Crawley and the Hawth Theatre to return the service areas back to normal operation following the impact of the pandemic (to include managing the introduction of the Quest Quality Management Scheme for Active Communities and facilities management on behalf of the client)
- Supporting the return of customers, sports clubs and organisations to K2 Crawley and the Hawth Theatre
- To lead and support capital and corporate investment programmes including the planned maintenance programme for sport, recreation and cultural facilities for which the post holder has responsibility
- To assist with the strategic options appraisal and review of procurement options for the Hawth Theatre
With experience in one or more of these services areas, the ideal candidate will be committed to excellent customer services, have a strong knowledge of public sector operational management relating to leisure services and be keen to manage these flagship services through an exciting period of development.
Fixed term contract for 18 months.
Essential User Car Allowance (currently under review).
Standby Allowance (currently under review).
Some evening and/or weekend working may be required for which time off in lieu will be agreed with the Head of Service. Any lieu time must be taken within one month after which it will be discounted.
We offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our way of working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
How to apply
Click the Apply button to complete your application online. Please ensure that the reference details you supply are for your current or most recent employer and that any gaps in employment are covered on your application form. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a fully completed application form.
For an informal conversation or further information regarding the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01293 438659.