- Reference: EES19B
- Salary: £27,753.00 - £34,117.00 per annum
- Contract type: Permanent
- Posted on: 16 October 2020
- Interview date:
- Division: Economy and Planning
- Positions: 1
- Grade: G - H
- Working hours: 37 per week
- Closing date: 1 November 2020
- Location: The Boulevard, Crawley
- Category: Economic development
About the role
At the start of 2020, we were celebrating Crawley as one of the UK’s strongest performing city economies, home to more than 3,400 businesses and 95,000 jobs. Our Economic Development plans to regenerate the Town into a 21st century economic hub were bolstered when we were selected as one of 101 towns to receive up to £25m funding and investment through the Towns Fund.
It is clear we now have a far greater challenge as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and are realigning our plans to support the economic recovery of the town.
To help us achieve our revised ambitions, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join the Council’s Economic Development & Regeneration Team, supporting our plans to revitalise the Town and support its economic recovery, building on our track record of delivering successful projects.
To be successful in this role you will need the behaviours, knowledge and experience to influence and enable change. We are looking for someone who will demonstrate all of the council’s values and behaviours and continually strive for excellence.
- Have excellent understanding of economic development matters globally, nationally, regionally and locally including economic development policy, business support initiatives, inward investment activities and Crawley’s regeneration programmes.
- Use your experience of working in partnership, building effective relationships at all levels with stakeholders
- Deliver a range of projects working independently or as part of a team through effective project management skills
- Develop and build excellent working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders, promoting the areas economic interests.
We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible, as we may close this advert before the stated closing date if enough applications are received.
We offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our way of working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
How to apply
Click the Apply button to complete your application online.
Please ensure that the reference details you supply are for your current or most recent employer and that any gaps in employment are covered on your application form.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a fully completed application form.
For an informal conversation or further information regarding the role, please email Lynn Hainge Economic Development Manager.