- Reference: RC157
- Salary: £21,363.00 - £27,292.00 per annum
- Contract type: Permanent
- Posted on: 23 September 2021
- Interview date:
- Division: Digital and Transformation
- Positions: 1
- Grade: C - F
- Working hours: 37 per week
- Closing date: 24 October 2021
- Location: Town Hall, Crawley
- Category: Customer services
About the role
As first point of contact for customers regarding a range of council services, the Customer Service Advisers are vital to the efficient delivery of the Contact Centre service. The Customer Service Advisers aim to resolve all customer enquiries at the first point of contact where possible whether by phone, email or in person.
You will be part of an existing team of positive, organised staff who are committed to achieving and exceeding our customers’ expectations and therefore you should have:
- A professional manner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach with the ability to react to a changing workload
- Experience of using ICT systems to record, monitor and extract customer service information
- A good general level of education including Maths and English
- A good knowledge of Council services including Council Tax, Housing Benefits or Housing Needs/Options
You must be available to work a rotating shift pattern, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5.00pm, to meet Contact Centre requirements. Therefore we will not consider part time requests for this position. You should indicate your available hours in your application. In return we offer a tailored induction and training programme.
We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible, as we may close this advert before the stated closing date if enough applications are received. Previous applicants need not apply.
Assessment dates: 3 and 4 November 2021
- The postholder will not be eligible for the flexible working hours scheme and will be ready to work in accordance with their working pattern between the service opening hours. TOIL can be accrued with agreement from a Manager
- The postholder will be required to attend up to four evening meetings/Saturday workshops a year
- The postholder will be required to adhere to the Contact Centre dress code
- The postholder will be required to undertake a baseline personnel security standard (BPSS) check in order to carry out any duties on the Department of Works & Pensions (DWP) website
We offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our way of working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
How to apply
Click the Apply button to complete your application online. Please ensure that the reference details you supply are for your current or most recent employer and that any gaps in employment are covered on your application form. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a fully completed application form.
For an informal conversation or further information regarding the role, click here to email a member of the Contact Centre Management Team.