Housing financial support

Support for Crawley Homes tenants

If you are a council tenant and need help paying your rent, visit our paying your rent pages.

If your home is too big for you, moving to a smaller home could help as the rent payments will be lower and you might be entitled to a downsizing grant. Visit our transfers and mutual exchanges page.

Support for homeless households

Households working with our homelessness service can access financial advice via our housing pages and also through Crawley Open House and Giving Back Crawley's websites.

  • Crawley Open House provides welfare benefit, debt management and budgeting advice for homeless households
  • Giving Back Crawley provides free meals and support to those living in temporary accommodation, street homeless or sofa surfing


If you have a mortgage and you would like to request a mortgage holiday, visit the Money Advice Service website.

Housing Benefit and Discretionary Housing Payments

Check how to claim Housing benefit.

If you are struggling to pay your rent, you may be entitled to Discretionary Housing Payments if the Housing Benefit or Universal Credits you receive does not cover your full rent.