Home improvement loans privacy notice
This notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what it is used for, who it might be shared with and why and for how long it is to be kept.
What information is collected?
- Contact details (including telephone numbers and email address)
- Financial data (including income, savings, benefits)
- ID (NI number)
- Address information
- Special category data (gender, health)
Why do we collect your personal information?
- Deliver services and support to you
- Manage those services we provide to you
- Train and manage the employment of our workers who deliver those services
- Help investigate any worries or complaints you have about your services
- Keep track of spending on services
- Check the quality of services
Crawley Borough Council is registered as a Data Controller with The Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number Z5327706).
The Council (CBC) complies with The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR.
We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly, kept safe and secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The Data Protection Officer for CBC is Head of Legal and Democratic Services.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
The legal basis for processing personal data
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
The legal basis for processing special category data
Processing is necessary for the reason of substantial public interest
Who we share data with
We pass data to:
- Internal departments
- Land registry
- External statutory agencies with whom we have a duty to co-operate, such as the police
- Benefits agency
- Contractors used to quote for and carry out the works
We will not share data with third-parties for marketing purposes.
Information regarding the legal charge will be retained until the loan is repaid in full.
You have the right to:
- Be informed of data processing (which is covered by this privacy notice)
- Access information (also known as a Subject Access Request)
- Have inaccuracies corrected
- Have information erased
- Restrict processing
- Data portability
- Intervention in respect of automated decision making
- Withdraw Consent (see below)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (See below)
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Withdrawal of consent
The lawful basis upon which CBC process personal data is set out in this notice. However, where personal data is solely processed on the basis of consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent.
Where can I get advice?
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact our Data Protection Officer.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data rights, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
- Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire DK9 5AF
- Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
- Visit ico.org.uk
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org