Parking season tickets privacy notice
The following privacy notice applies to parking season tickets (off-street parking).
This notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what it is used for, who it might be shared with and why and for how long it is to be kept.
What information is collected?
Your name, address, contact details and vehicle details are collected and held and used for the purpose of administering the parking season tickets and concessionary parking.
Your personal data may be converted (‘anonymised’) into statistical or aggregated data in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identified from it.
Why do we collect your personal information?
The purpose of processing your personal data is to administer the councils parking season tickets (for our off-street car parks)
We are relying on GDPR Article 6(1) (b) & (e) as the lawful basis for processing in line with Crawley Borough Council (Off Street Parking Places) (Civil Enforcement & Consolidation) Order 2009 as amended.
Crawley Borough Council is registered as a Data Controller with The Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number Z5327706).
The council (CBC) complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR.
We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly, kept safe and secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The Data Protection Officer for CBC is Head of Legal and Democratic Services.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
The legal basis for processing personal data
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
Who we share data with
We pass data to:
- Internal departments
- Other partner agencies that provide services on our behalf
- Agencies with whom we have a duty to co-operate, such as the police
- Housing Associations
- Benefits Agency
- HM Court Services
We will not share data with third-parties for marketing purposes.
Transfer outside the European Economic Area
If your data needs to be transferred we will make sure that an adequate level of protection is in place.
Personal data will not be retained for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
You have the right to:
- Be informed of data processing (which is covered by this privacy notice)
- Access your personal information (known as a Subject Access Request)
- Have inaccuracies corrected
- Have information erased
- Restrict processing
- Data portability
- Intervention in respect of automated decision making/profiling
- Withdraw Consent (see below)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (see below)
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Withdrawal of consent
The lawful basis upon which CBC process personal data is that it is necessary in order to comply with its legal obligations and to enable it to perform tasks carried out in the public interest. However, where personal data is solely processed on the basis of consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent.
Where can I get advice?
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact our Data Protection Officer.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data rights, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):