Crawley park tennis privacy notice
The following privacy notice applies to Crawley Parks Tennis and the use of Clubspark.
This notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what it is used for, who it might be shared with and why and for how long it is to be kept. We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly, lawfully kept safe and secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The council (CBC) is fully committed to complying with The Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly, lawfully kept safe and secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The Data Protection Officer for CBC is Head of Governance, People and Performance.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
What information is collected?
We collect and process information through the Clubspark system, including personal data, to enable us to carry out all of our functions and tailor services, in relation to Parks tennis, to our customers.
To effectively administer the Clubspark booking system for Parks Tennis in Crawley, it is necessary for us to collect, hold and access personal information about you. Individuals can amend their own personal details in their Clubspark account. The following types of personal information will be gathered and held in the Clubspark system:
- Personal information including user ID, name, title, age, address, telephone number, email
- Sensitive personal data including Date of birth, medical conditions (optional), gender (optional)
- We may also take photographs at our events to use for general marketing and publicity (we will not publish these without your consent)
- Financial information, including Direct Debit details
Why do we collect your personal information?
The information that you provide will be held by the Council and will be accessed by authorised Council employees that hold administration rights to Clubspark. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. We will use this information in order to:
- Manage the Crawley Parks Tennis Clubspark booking system
- Administer your application to become a member and your use of the membership services generally
- Make improvements to our membership services
- Process any bookings of the membership services you make
- Make bookings on behalf of member / assist with queries regarding bookings
- Fraud prevention and misuse of terms and conditions
- Request refunds where necessary with Go Cardless and Stripe
- Inform members where necessary about scheduled maintenance works which may affect their booking
- Inform members about any changes to their membership
- Organise, provide and run sporting events, activities, tournaments and competitions (where relevant)
- Collect statistical information about the membership mix of the parks programme
- Analyse how members are making use of the membership services
- Monitor access to the Courts
With your consent (opt in):
- Provide you with news related to Crawley Park Tennis (opt in)
- Targeted marketing for organised events, coaching sessions and other tennis related services (opt in)
- Conduct surveys to improve the service provided by Crawley Parks Tennis (opt in)
If we want to use your information for any other purpose, we will ask you for consent and will use your information only on receiving your consent and then, only for the purpose(s) for which grant consent unless we are required to do otherwise by law.
Crawley Borough Council is registered as a Data Controller with The Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number Z5327706).
The legal basis for processing personal data
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
The legal basis for processing special category data
- Processing is necessary for the reason of substantial public interest
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent
Sportslab’s separate Privacy Notice specifies that it employs security measures to protect your information, whether written or electronic, from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. Where you have been given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the online booking system, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Who we share data with
We might pass data to:
- Go Cardless
- Lawn Tennis Association (LTA)
- Crawley Park Coaching Provider
- Local Tennis Leagues
- Sportslabs (Clubspark)
- West Sussex County Council
- Other partner agencies involved with the Delivery of Crawley Wellbeing programmes
- Other third-party organisations, as allowed by law
- Agencies with whom we have a duty to co-operate, such as the police
We will not share data with any other third-parties for marketing purposes.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the website.
The Sportslab’s separate Privacy Notice specifies that your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. you have a valid membership.
Transferring of data internationally
The Sportslab’s separate Privacy Notice specifies when your information may be transferred outside of the EEA and that such transfers would meet legal requirements.
You have the right to:
- Be informed of data processing (which is covered by this Privacy Notice)
- Access your personal information (known as a Subject Access Request)
- Have inaccuracies corrected
- Have information erased
- Restrict processing
- Data portability
- Intervention in respect of automated decision making/profiling
- Withdraw Consent (see below)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (See below)
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Withdrawal of consent
The lawful basis upon which Crawley Borough Council processes personal data is set out in this notice. However, where personal data is solely processed on the basis of consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent.
Where can I get advice?
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact our Data Protection Officer.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data rights, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):