Data Protection rights request
You can make a request to:
- Rectify an inaccurate record
This includes the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- Erase a record or restrict processing
This right is not absolute and we may not be able to comply with your request unless the following circumstances apply:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected and processed
- You withdraw consent we have relied upon
- You object to the processing of your information and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- Your personal data was unlawfully processed
- Your personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
- Your personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child
- Data portability
The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services only applies where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract, and when processing is carried out by automated means.
- Not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling
This right only applies where the decision is based on automated processing and it produces a legal effect or has a similarly significant effect on you. We do not currently carry out automated processing.
- Object to processing
Individuals have an absolute right to stop their data being used for direct marketing. In other circumstances the right may depend on reasons for processing your data.
Access these rights
Download and complete a data protection rights request form. Email your completed form to the Data Protection Officer, or send it to:
The Data Protection Officer
Crawley Borough Council
We will acknowledge receipt of your completed application form in writing, and ask for any further information we need to enable us to process your request.
In the case of rectification and data portability your request will be completed within one month of receipt. If your request is complex we may need to extend this by up to a further two months. We will inform you of this within one month of receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
If we decide that it is not appropriate to comply with your request we will explain why.
There will be no fee payable.