We make every effort to ensure crawley.gov.uk is easy to use and accessible for everyone.
- Using colours that provide maximum contrast between foreground and background items. Most elements have a contrast ratio of 7:1 or above.
- Using plain backgrounds to improve readability of text
- Images are assigned an alt-text attribute where appropriate, which describes the contents or function of the item
- Hyperlinks are standard blue colour across the website, except in header and footer. They are underlined for clarity and links to external websites will include a icon.
- Responsive design allows website pages re-size according to the device being used
Improvements we are making
- We will be introducing a tool to this website to assist with accessibility and usability
- We will replace older pdf files with accessible versions, or replace them with HTML pages